Saturday, December 25, 2010

Make something beautiful in 2011


Now that you've opened all of your beautifully wrapped prezzies and enjoyed a peaceful and relaxing Christmas day, let's talk projects for the new year. I'm not really into making hard and fast New Year's resolutions. I prefer choosing a theme around which I'll try to live. There's a lot less pressure that way, and resolutions are so limiting. That said, consider doing something special this year, maybe you can have a year of...

- Re-connection: Send 12 letters this year. That's just one letter a month! Write to someone you care about, or send a letter to a different person each time. I'm talking hand-written letters. With an envelope and a stamp, not e-mail. Who wouldn't love to get a little note in their mailbox along with the bills and junk mail? I get so few letters or cards in the mail these days, it's really a treat when I do. And don't even get me started on penmanship; that subject will fill its own entry and then some.

- Sharing: pack a lunch for a few of your work friends and invite them over to your office/cubicle/desk for lunch. Like a picnic. In the height of winter, wouldn't an indoor picnic be lovely? Maybe a nice, comforting soup and a crusty bread for 2 or 3 or 4 and some lovely healthy fruit? Better yet, plan a potluck lunch. It's less expensive than eating out, and more fun than web-browsing and leftovers.

- Spontaneous beautiful gifts: This origami wreath took about a month to make, but it came out beautifully. I gave it to my mom, as a way to give her flowers that would last forever (or close). I bought a styrofoam wreath and got to work folding paper. I used a gluegun to stick the flowers to it (about 200). Send a little gift out of the blue and brighten someone's day.

Whatever you choose to do, make it special and inspired. The result will be beautiful! And send me pictures, I'd love to see: carol@joliecolis.com.

Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment